MMS Home Learning
We are excited to begin this school year with everyone virtually! All teachers are providing instruction via Schoology, our primary Learning Management System (LMS). All Manhattan students should access Schoology by logging into the BVSD SSO at my.bvsd.org.
Our teachers collaborated to create a home learning schedule that we believe will be best for our students. This schedule allows for direct instruction in the morning in all three classes the student is taking and time in the afternoon to support students in small groups to allow for independent learning and flexible time to meet family needs. From 12:30 to 1:00, students will engage in a homeroom situation with their first period teacher. This time will allow teachers to work with students around social emotional issues and create personal relationships that are so needed during this time of isolation. The first 15 minutes of our school day, which begins at 8:45, are set aside for students to get prepared for the day's learning. Here are a few suggestions on what students could be doing during this time:
- Login to Schoology
- Review the live sessions you are attending today, their start times, and how to get on
- Gather any documents or materials you will need for those sessions
- Check Schoology calendar or other planner system
- List all assignments you need to turn in today.
- List all assignments you need to complete by tomorrow
- List all other assignments you should work on today
- Check school email and attend to any action items
- Extra time? Check news headlines or do some stretching, push-ups, etc.
Attendance will be taken daily based on Google Meet attendance and Schoology assignment submission, but will only be recorded in Infinite Campus on Monday for the previous week.
Set expectations for student completion of school work
Partner with teachers, admin and counseling to support your child
Technology check-in (Chromebook, Wifi, charger)
Read Principally Speaking each Friday